Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Las Vegas: rest of day 3 and Day 4

Yesterday was uneventful. We didn't leave the hotel. Not once. I made it as far as the ice machine once...Ciara didn't make it past the threshold of our room. Fortunately we can see TONS from our window. We can see all the fireworks and fun stuff from Treasure Island (can't see the ship but we saw it today so that's okay)...We get to see the Volcano from the Mirage (our hotel) and tonight we are going to see the only other thing I have really wanted to see: the fountains at the Bellagio.

Today we ventured out into the world. First thing we did was we watched travel channel barbeque paradise as we got dressed so we had lunch at the BB King Blues Club and had some gooooooood barbeque pulled pork sandwiches. By the way, if you ever go there and if you like dil pickles, you have GOT to have the fried pickles. They were literally TO.DIE.FOR. After we ate we set out seeking the Stratosphere. It was a lot farther than I originally thought, but after a LONG time we finally made it. I kind of enjoyed the walk though because we literally got to see everything at the north end of the strip. I think I enjoyed it more than Ciara anyway.... We stood in line for a while and then we got to go up into the observation deck. We took lots of pictures to prove that we left the room. Tonight we are going to watch idol and then go see the fountains and then tomorrow we head home. We've been having such a good time just hanging out and doing the things we found interesting...even if that does mean sitting in our room watching Spice World with the blackout curtains shut in the middle of the day.

Well, I'll say goodbye for now. I'm gonna rest up and read for a little bit. I'm a little tired from all the excitement today. It doesn't sound like much but trust me, if you were here you might feel a little bit differently.

-Mattie

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a fun vacation to me! For me, part of the fun is hanging out at the hotel and just relaxing. (Erin)

    ReplyDelete