1. The Lovely Bones-Alice Sebold-I just saw the movie on Friday (Jan. 15, 2010) and absolutely fell in love with the story. I just so happened to have the book at my house (thank you mom) so I have decided to give it a go.
2. Fake Boyfriend-Kate Brian-Kate (aka Kieran Scott) and I have come to be friends via myspace, facebook, twitter, etc... and yes, we actually do talk.
3. The Van Alen Legacy- Melissa De La Cruz- This is the 4th book in the Blue Bloods series. The Series is about young vampires living in New York City. Its pretty fun to read!
4. Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse- Rick Riordan-book #3 in the Olympians Series.
5. Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth- Rick Riordan- #4 of the Olympians Series.
6. Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian-The 5th and final book in the Olympian Series.
7. She's So Dead To Us-Kieran Scott- This is the only Kieran Scott book on the list, although she has written 3 other books on the list under the name Kate Brian.
8. Heartless-Sara Shepard- This is the 7th installment of the Pretty Little Liars Series. Its a good series, but It is definitely aimed for younger girls (middle school aged) So I'm not going to recommend it. I enjoy the books but then again, I'll read just about any Y/A Fiction/Chicklit book.
9. Scandal-Kate Brian-probably my all time favorite book series. I give these books to EVERYONE. This is the latest book in the Private Series. I can't even tell you what number in the series it is...I think it is book #12 but I'm not sure on that. I'm so excited!
10. Sweet Deciet-Kate Brian-The 4th Book in Kate's Privilege Series, which is a spinoff of the Private Series (mentioned above). She is an amazing writer. She has the perfect mix of teenage angst, relationships, mystery, and humor and I absolutely love the books!
So, there you have it! My top 10 books...BUT the list does keep going on. These next books are ones I hope to read this year, I probably won't get to most of them but I still feel like they needed mentioning...
- Red Carpet Suicide: A Guide to Keeping Up With the Hiltons-Perez Hilton- He is vulgar and rude and I honestly don't know why I started reading it, but I did...and now I need to finish it...someday.
- Wicked-Gregory Maguire-Loved the musical, loved the soundtrack, having trouble finishing the book. I've started it 3 times and the farthest I've gotten is half way. It is good, It just doesn't hold my attention well.
- Son of a Witch-Gregory Maguire-The Sequel to Wicked. And one book I haven't even started reading yet!
- Pretties-Scott Westerfeld-The follow up to Uglies (#2 in the Uglies Series). I enjoyed the first book, but then I lost my copy of Pretties....or maybe I had to return it to the library...I don't know but something hindered me from finishing the book. Apparently I have a problem finishing books...I think at the current moment I've got 4 or 5 books on the list that I just haven't finished yet...sheesh!
- Specials-Scott Westerfeld-#3 in the Uglies Series
- Extras-Scott Westerfeld-#4 in the Uglies Series
- Ink Exchange-Melissa Marr-Evil Faries! Probably one I wouldn't read had I not already finished the first book in the seires...(Wicked Lovely #2)
- The Hunger Games-Suzanne Collins-This book came highly recommended by SEVERAL people I know. I hear it is a very good book and I can't wait to read it! I struggled with not putting this on my top 10 list.
- Killing Mr. Griffin-Lois Lowry-I read this book several years ago when I was in 8th grade and I remember loving it! I'm really looking forward to reading it again and seeing if I still think it is a good book...I've read a lot since then! Lol!
- A Voice in the Wind-Francis Rivers
- An Echo in the Darkness-Francis Rivers
- As Sure As the Dawn-Francis Rivers-All 3 of these Francis Rivers books were recommended by 3 of my cousins and then given to me in a box set. They really want me to read these books so I put them on here. I think they look pretty good but I really don't know anything about them.
And that's it! (so far!)
If you are looking for recommendations, I've always got an opinion.
- 13 Reasons Why-Jay Asher-This is a great Story that teaches us that even the little things we say or do that maybe we don't think about, can have a major impact on the lives of other people.
- She's So Dead To Us- I always try to promote Kieran's stuff. She is amazing and this book comes out later this year!
- Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys-Kate Brian-If you are a teenage girl you will love this book. I'm not a teenager but I still love it. I was a teenager when I first read it!
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series-Rick Riordan-The movie for the first book (The Lightening Thief) comes out February 12 and I simply can't wait! This is a good book for Harry Potter fans. They are a lot alike and they are small books and an easy read but very entertaining!
- Angels and Demons-Dan Brown-This is the prequel to the DaVinci Code. It is sort of a mystery/thriller/psuedo-historical treasure hunt. It is so much fun and really twists your brain! This is my favorite of all the books!
- DaVinci Code-Dan Brown- This is the most famous of Dan Brown's novels. It is very controversial, all of Dan's books are. If you are wanting to read this I would read Angels and Demons first. He wrote DaVinci Code first, but chronologically, this is the second book. I tend to like reading chronologically opposed to as-written.
- The Lost Symbol-Dan Brown-This is the latest book in the Dan Brown series. It takes place on our home terf in Washington D.C. where Professor Robert Langdon is forced to decipher the American Secrets to find his friend and mentor Peter Solomon. This was my least favorite of the 3 but I still recommend it!
- Chronicles of Narnia Series-C.S. Lewis-Brilliantly written adn fun for all ages. This is definitely a must-read for everyone.
- Harry Potter series-J.K. Rowling-I wasn't going to put these books on the list because it is sort of implied that I would recommend Harry Potter. I just love those books. Simple and Pure entertainment.
If you aren't a book person--I'm sorry but you are going to have to put up with a bunch of posts about books I've just finished....or just started...or want to start.
Okay, well....that's all for now!