Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Tradition.

Last year I did a little bit of research on what foods "bring good luck" and what they stand for and the history and all that and I planned a full New Years meal for my family. Obviously, we didn't have our greatest year yet so this year I decided to do something completely different. Something I hope to make a tradition for years to come. This year I lit 8 candles each representing different things: for friendship, for family, for happiness, for health, for love, for passion, for wisdom, and for wealth.

The first one for friendship- old and new ones to come.
The second for family- may we never stay mum.
The third one for happiness- a promise this new year will fill.
The fourth one for health- may we not become ill.
The fifth is for love-and a hope for tomorrow.
The sixth one for passion- without it we will know sorrow.
The seventh for wisdom- the most elusive of all.
and the eighth one for wealth- may God continue to bless us all.

and they after I lit the candles, I said a prayer for the year to come.

I hope everyone has a great New Years Day and may 2012 be the best year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment